Graco HVLP Gravity Cup Gun

Written by on December 26, 2015 in Ask the Topcoat Team!, Uncategorized with 0 Comments

Kevin Asks:

In a YouTube video your are using a GRACO HVLP with a top feed gun with a plastic top feed cup I do a lot of high end work myself and have all GRACO equipment and I was wondering if I could get your gun info so I could purchase the same set up gun wise. I am a huge Festool fan and owner as well.

Thanks, Kevin


TCR Responds:

Hi Kevin

gravityThe Graco HLVP gun we use is called the Edge gun. In its stock configuration, it is a bottom feed cup style but is set up to allow for simple conversion to a top feed gravity style, which we prefer. Part #244136 on page 8 of this catalogue is what you are looking for, and you can probably order it through your nearest Sherwin Williams.

The attached video shows how to do the gravity conversion.


Scott Burt

Scott Burt is a contractor and freelance writer whose column "From the Field" has appeared in American Painting Contractor magazine ( since 2008. His writing and projects also appear in other print and digital venues. This site is an extension of Scott's publication work, and he encourages readers to leave comments and questions about articles published here. Hope to hear from you!

Latest posts by Scott Burt (see all)



If you enjoyed this article, subscribe now to receive more just like it.

Subscribe via RSS Feed Connect on Instagram Connect on Google Plus Connect on LinkedIn Connect on YouTube

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: